• OPEN PORES
What Are Open Pores?
The term ‘open pores’ refers to enlarged skin pores that have become more noticeable over time. The pores on the skin allow it to ‘breathe’ by releasing the sebum or natural oil onto the surface. However, large skin pores often appear in areas that have a higher density of sebaceous glands specifically, in the ‘t-zone’ of the face. They adversely affect the skin texture and become an aesthetic concern for both men and women with oily or combination skin types.
What Causes Large Open Pores?
• Excessive Sebum Production Increased Hair Follicle Volume
• Heredity Factor
• Ageing And Sun Exposure
• Chronic Acne
• Hormonal Changes
• Acute Skin Conditions And Nutritional Deficiency
Advanced Treatments For Large Open Pores:
Enlarged pores are challenging to treat as they may be a result of various underlying factors. Leading Cosmetologist at S MWELLNESS combine medical treatments for open pores with advanced aesthetic procedures to give you visible results. They focus on treating primary triggers by controlling excessive sebum production and minimizing skin damage due to ageing.
Your medical expert at S MW ELLNESS may suggest the following modalities as standalone or combination treatment to give you the best results:
• Topical Therapies: Many qualified skin experts recommend the use of topical applications like Tretinoin, topical nicotinamide, Vitamin C, or AHAs to diminish open pores. They also advise the dosage and direction for use to ensure visible improvement in your skin texture.
• Laser Toning: Top doctors at S M WELLNESS specialize in performing advanced laser treatment for open pores using USFDA-approved technology. They use Q-Switched YAG laser to boost the collagen production in the skin and minimize the appearance of open pores effectively. A 2011 study revealed that Q-switched lasers visibly reduce open pores when used along with photo-activated topical solutions.
• Fractional Micro-Needling Radiofrequency (MNRF): Experienced Cosmetologist at S M WELLNESS may use tiny micro-needles to release radiofrequency energy in the deeper layers of the skin. It stimulates collagen and elastin production and thereby results in the decreased visibility of enlarged pores.
• Chemical Peels: The medical team at S M WELLNESS recommends the application of salicylic acid peels and glycolic acid peels for the controlled exfoliation of the dead cells. It helps control excess sebum production and aids skin renewal. It is an effective treatment for reducing large skin pores.
• Comedone Extraction: Our skin experts may use specialised tools to extricate open comedones (blackheads) and closed comedones (whiteheads). The procedure helps prevent clogging and subsequent widening of pores.