• DARK CIRCLES
What Are Dark Circles?
Dark circles refer to the darkening or discoloration of the skin under or around the eyes. The affected skin appears to look blue, black, or dark brown. This appearance of pigmented skin is also known as Periorbital Hyper pigmentation (POH), Periorbital Melanosis, Infraorbital Darkening, Infraorbital Discoloration or Periorbital dark circles.
How Do I Prevent Dark Circles From Appearing Under Eyes?
• Adequate sleep rests the facial muscles, which helps rejuvenate the whole body. The sleep cycle helps the body repair itself during the sleep cycle.
• Drinking adequate amount of water keeps the skin hydrated. It is a natural moisturizer and cleanser through perspiration.
• Diet plays a significant role in maintaining healthy skin and hair. It is advisable to avoid or limit processed food products.
• The regular use of sunscreen and moisturizer protects the skin around the eyes.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes frequently.
Treatment Options @ S M WELLNESS:
• Topical medication containing retinoids and skin lightening agents like kojic acid, vitamin C, etc.
• Dark circle peels
• Brightening peels
• Q-switched YAG lasers for deep pigmentation
• Microneedling Radiofrequency for fine lines under the eye